Duplicate taxiway signs, et. al. at KABQ

Stewart Hobson Guest

Greetings!

Is there any chance that someone at Fly Away might clean up all the duplicate taxiway signs and those sitting in the middle of taxiways, etc., and issue a patch for an otherwise nice-looking rendition of this airport. It seems to be a problem with the original airport in FSX, but hopefully somebody might be able to clean up the mess and provide a suitable airport for us FSX users?

Any response most appreciated.

Stew

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you. I have already downloaded the file you recommend, but as far as I can see, it doesn't solve the problem. The duplicate signs remain with KABQ activated in FSX scenery library. Originally, I thought there might be "bleed-through" of the original FSX signs into the KABQ scenery, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Others have commented (on another forum) that the duplicate signs are there in the default FSX airport as well. It appears to be a problem with FSX. My suggestion was that perhaps someone at Flyaway could fashion some excludes for the excess signs and issue a patch for their KABQ airport. Or has this been done already in a newer version of KABQ?

Thanks in advance for any advice. It seems a shame that a nice airport such as KABQ is messed up with all those duplicate signs.

Stew H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I looked around and it does seem to show up anywhere else.
You might be able to get a designer to fashion a new AFCAD.

Radar

I was hoping someone at FlyAway might consider it, since they've already gone to the trouble of designing a much better airport than the default.

Also, I notice in the KABQ.xml file that there is a statement to exclude taxiway signs near the beginning of the file. But it appears that line of code isn't effective. At least someone has attempted to deal with those duplicate taxiway signs. In addition I noticed that with KABQ installed, there is an added control tower along with the original tower. Just a few corrections need to be made, and this airport would be a worthy addon to FSX.

Stew H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Contact the designer of the download and see if he has a simple cure.
He might just be able to help.

Radar

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll ask him if he's willing to do that.

Stew H.

The solution to the problem turns out to be to delete a .bgl file inserted for KABQ by Orbx Vector. This also took care of the duplicate control tower which was also present.

Stew H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fantastic!
I hope he puts that into another updated release of his scenery.
Thanks and enjoy!

Radar

Slight mistake--we didn't delete the .bgl file, we simply renamed it .bak. I didn't know how to contact the designer--it's been several years since he designed this update. A member of the Orbx forums discovered the solution. This makes KABQ a much better airport.

Stew H.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

At least you found scenery designers that knew what to do.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...