installing Microsoft flight simulator 2004 in Windows 7

Pro Member Trainee
Thomas Kenny (Magnafique) Trainee

I bought FS2004 several years ago and ran it on Windows XP with several add ons. I loaded it on Windows 7 and it loads but will not start up. I asked for help with some computer techs in INDIA and they spent several hours trying to figure it out with no joy. So I loaded FS X which opens, but I forgot how much I dislike it. So I reloaded FS2004 and it does load and I get the Icon on my desk top but when I click on it, it acts like it wants to load and then nothing. I have the CH Pro Pedals and CH FS yoke. Any ideas of things I should try??? Crying or Very sad

Thanks, Magnafique

Just finished a flight in a full scale Cessna 172 for 2 hours had a ball and we made 3 takeoffs and landings.

My favorite airplane add on to FS2004 is the old Curtiss C-46. I used to work on them and fly in them in Alaska

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

"It loads"

Does it go to the splash or to the menus and then stop.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Thomas Kenny (Magnafique) Trainee

No it just fails to start??? Thanks for your answer, I have rejoined after a long hiatus.

Magnafique

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I have both FSX and FS9 on XP7 I did load FSX in first. I suggest you try a reload with stock settings. If that fails rename the directory you to something like FS9 or the like, Best bet if you have it is to load FS9 onto a secondary disk drive.

Also I suggest you load FS2004 in stock, then add the FS9.1 update, and then the FS9.1 NOCD Update--all available in download section.

BE SURE that after you do all of the above-you drag the stock FS9 shortcut to the recycle bin, nd create a new shortcut to the desktop based on the new NOCD exe.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...