trying to run FS 2004 but each time I get "access denie

tom caldwell Guest

I have not ran FS 2004 for several months now - I tried today and only got a message "Access denied - please login with administrator privileges and try again". Problem is - I am already logged in with administrator privileges. SO I uninstalled the progream and reinstalled it along with an update from Microslft. Same result. I hope someone can help because I am effectively grounded!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1-Did you put in disk 4.
2-Clean it out and reinstall it following these direction from MS.
Quite often people leave lines in the registry causing problems.
Let us know how you do.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/888846

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
c731153 Trainee

I have trying for two months to fix and found it today. If you are running Windows 8,you need to uninstall Windows update kb3086255. The instruction I found also said to hide it so it doesn't reinstall. I don't know how to do that so I will worry the next time. Anyway uninstall the update and it should work.. May have to still run as admin. Let me know if I helped

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You found the solution.
Thanks for posting it, that will help others.

Radar

The update has made running FS with disk 4 not possible. There is no need to uninstall the update, FS will work fine by just applying the NOCD patch. This is the best workaround.

Hi again RadarMan!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

The update has made running FS with disk 4 not possible. There is no need to uninstall the update, FS will work fine by just applying the NOCD patch. This is the best workaround.

Hi again RadarMan!

And a hello to you, enjoy it now that it's working.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...