How to properly uninstall FSX (w/ Acceleration)

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Hello All,

I have Windows 7 Professional. I am trying to uninstall and reinstall the FSX software on my system (I just changed/ upgraded my graphics card). It looks like it may be a painstaking exercise. I am trying to uninstall my add ons first. What is the proper process of uninstalling FSX + Acceleration to ensure that nothing is left behind-- to cause a problem after the software is reinstalled?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

This is the way Microsoft says.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/888846

Or you can use this (free).

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

I like the second option. How do I utilise it? Do I uninstall FSX via the Control Panel/ Uninstall Programs first... and then use revouninstaller?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Someone deleted my post to you.
Use Revo like it says.
Find FSX and let Revo delete it all, don't do any deletion yourself.
Just follow the prompts.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I installed the software and did the revo uninstall, and reinstall. Curiously, I am still seeing two add on models in my planes FSX menu! I will have to work on some other stuff to get things together.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Revo is quite good.
That's odd but at least it installed.
Now we have to know if it fly's, try it without any add-ons at first.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

... I've reinstalled the FSX system (I am now using a NVIDIA GTX 980 graphics card). Now, I am noticing another puzzling thing... (I wish I could submit an attachment to show the issue). The FSX system seems to open new windows for the aircraft I select whenever I attempt to select the weather options, the airport and time of day.

I must confess I am a novice at all this. Does the Direct X Version issue differences have anything to do with this (FSX is DirectX6 and my system is DirectX12). Thanks for your assistance.[/url]

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

... I almost forgot... my system occasionally stops and restarts as well 😳 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The directx doesn't matter.
I think you have to clean out the dust from inside your computer.
If you don't know how don't attempt it.
Ask or look it up.
Pay particular attention to the CPU fan and heat sink.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Thank you, RadarMan!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...