Another Virtual Airline

The anonymous Guest Guest

Ok, id like as much feed back here as possible. Fire_emblem told me before to join DVA, and then in another post he said dont join it because it sucks?

So im confused. So my question is what is a really good VA? any feed back would be nice.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

DVA is quite a good VA. I say this because it is one of the biggest around and probably well organised. Their testing system is not the best and the forum is not great, but not everything can be perfect. They have a good management system, so as everything runs smoothly.

They also have a wide range of aircraft available to fly and download with excellent panels. This is probably one of the best things about DVA!!!
It also depends on what you are looking for really, if its for help you need in a forum for example, then DVA isn't great (their answers are long winded, complicated and sometimes vague) but you could always ask here, so I doubt that would matter much. But, in general for a good VA experience DVA is a good VA to go with, it is also a lot better than other inexperienced VA's you will find. If you don't happen to like DVA, then Noble is a good second choice.

Hope that helps a bit 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I guess this could cause some confusion, I probably MEANT to say "Join for the aircraft, then run"

Which is what I recommend.

www.nobleair.com

EXCELLENT virtual airline, awesoem aircraft!

Ok, why do you dislike DVA so much emblem?

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

What does one do in a virtual airline? I mean who logs what you do? What if you crash? Or what if you always do well? Can someone explain a little about virtual airlines? Thanks!

I'd just like to echo Bindolaf's question - although I know the sim and add-ons pretty well I don't know ANYTHING about how a VA operates.

Anyone fancy doing some bullet points explaing hte concept.

- Do you have to fly at certain, scheduled times ?
- Do people get to 'see' your flights or results ?
- Is it really just to download their planes and feel like you're working for an Airline ?

In short, what's it all about Alfie ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Ok, I am talking of DVA here, but I guess it is similar to all VA's.

Firstly, there are 2 ways of flying in a VA.

1. Online with other members, using VATSIM. This means some members act as ATC and other fly aircraft, so pretty much a Virtual Airline company.

2. Fly on your own, and file a PIREP. This means that you make your own flight from anywhere approved by the FAA, i.e. not taking a MD88 across the Atlantic. You enter flight details like starting airport, landing airport and flight time and with what aircraft, and Yes, you can lie and just say you did more flight than you actually did. Admin will only approve your PIREP if it makes sense, i.e. JFK to IAD doesn't take 5 hours.

Hope that helps a bit 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Anyone? 🙂

Well no one has answered your question so im going to answer it to the best of my ability.

A virtual airline is something you can join(well you need to get a entrance exam for most of them), and once you get in, your going to be assigned an aircraft which you fly. At which they have many flights you can do. So then you fly flights and work up your hours. Once you can get enough hours you may be able to get promotions such as a new aircraft or going from first officer to cheif pilot.

Now for the hours you can either file them with PIREP i blieve which is just a page where you fill in what flight you did(depature, destination, etc.) Or if you fly online using program such as Vatsim, i believe it logs your hours automactially.

So in a way a virtual airline is very fun and makes FS a lot more real. That is if your flying online(because there are live ATC and other airplanes).

ohh yes on your what if you crash, well im not sure because i havent really crashed but i dont think much can happen, and by much i mean you probably just dont get the hours written down nor should you try to.

I hope ive helped a bit at answering your questions

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Here's another VA for you to look at:
www.cpavirtual.org Attention: this is the Cathay Pacific VA, not the main website. Cpa Virtual doesn't have a main website.

There are 24 (I believe) VA inside Cpa Virtual or the so-called FTG (Flying Tigers Group). If you go to Operations Center - Flight Desk - Affiliates
you will see all the Virtual Airlines that FTG have.

To be a member of Cpa Virtual (or FTG) you need to pass an Entrance Exam with a score of more than or equal to 70%

Note: Here comes the good thing. If you are a member of Air France Virtual and you want to make flights of Cathay Pacific, you can do it. Why not? And I mean that you can make those flights without signing up again. Just use your user name (example: CX543) and your password and you are in!
For the user name, the two first letters corresponds to your VA. If you are a member of Air France, this is your first two letters: AF. If you are a member of Swiss VA, LX are the first two letters of your user name. The rest, the three numbers, are the numbers that you want.

Well, I hope this helps you. If you have any questions, I'll be here to answer them.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...