Texture install FSX steam edition , Doing the right things.?

Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

Yoo guys,

Trying to install already for like 5 hours textures like Britisch Airways , Ryanair, KLM , Air france.

Its about the boeing 747-400 and 737-800 who are already installed in the game , only wana have new textures.

If i put complete new planes inside of the map below , there is nothing going wrong, but if i like to add texture ... mannnn

Copy the texture folders to the right map C:\Program Files (x86\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800

Open the aircraft note , put the codes inside , change the numbers on top aswell as the titel , checking if the map is ok , changing variation if nessesary , but still no texture seeable in the game itself.

Can someone please help me out, cause im getting frustated somehow (after loads of hours).

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If this doesn't work for you I would change the number in the first line.
If it should be in sequence (2 following 1) I would skip a number.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/33358/how-to-install-aircraft-in-fsx/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

Did not help for me ,

I changed the numbers and skip 1 number in sequence.

Did not help , the topic you posted is what i did already trying to solve the problem.

This is what i did in the aircraft text

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Boeing livery"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.1]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint2
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
atc_id=N737X
atc_airline=World Travel
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.2]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint4
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=4
atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=Orbit
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Orbit Airlines"

[fltsim.3]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint5
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=5
atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=Pacifica
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Pacifica Airlines"

[fltsim.4]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint6
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=6
atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Unmarked Airliner"

[fltsim.5]
title=Boeing 737-800
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
atc_id=N737Z
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="White"

[fltsim.6]
title=Boeing 737-800 EasyJet Airlines
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=EASYJET
atc_id=TC-JGR
atc_airline=Turkish
atc_flight_number=1987
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="EasyJet Airlines"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service. Repaint by Mustafa SAZAK"

[fltsim.7]
title=Boeing 737-800 Ryanair
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=RA
atc_id=EI-DAP
atc_airline=Ryanair
atc_flight_number=DAP
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation=Ryanair

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

I dont know man , i've seen this folder aswell and double checked everything.

Seems it will not work at all for me , prob there must be something , and im normaly smart enough to see it.
Now not at all prob cause its not working.

The text in the aircraft file is good. no problems there.

Soo there must be something wrong somewere else, but if i add new aircrafts instead of textures its going good.
But textures no way he will add them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try going into the game and go to the part of the menu where you choose the aircraft (all the thumbnails).
Put a checkmark in the box that say's "show all variations".
That should do the trick.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

Dont work, was the first thing i checked must be something else

I have the steam edition mayby have to something within steam itself?

Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

1 strange thing happend, i deleted to see what happend all the textures who already existed in the aircraft file.

But the planes are still there?

Whats going on?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have the original FSX and then The Acceleration Pack.
Steam may be different in some aspects, check on their forum.
Good luck...strange happenings.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

And if i delete the basis textures (the ones that comes with the game) and replace them with other ones (repaints) they will appear in the game :O

Pro Member Trainee
Djlammerspilot Trainee

Yessss know how it works now , with the steam edition you have to be in an another map , read carefully this for all the new guys :

You have to be here !!!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes

This is only for textures!!!!!!!

If u wana add new aircrafts you need to be here !

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes (so just normal)

Hope i will help alot of guys !😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for posting the fix, it will help others.
Glad you can enjoy it now.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...