Ground elevation on FSX Default 747-400

Rick G Guest

I might be blind, but not really, but I can not find how to see ground elevation, especially for ILS approaches. I tried watching several You Tube videos, but they breeze thru those so fast, if they did mention it, I missed it. Thanks if someone can point me in the right direction! - Rick

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Rick G Guest

Radar Man - Thanks for the reply and the link. I still don't see any reference to indicated ground level in the 747. Boeing 737 and Bombardier CRJ700 has a window which can tell you ground level at a glance of ground level less than 2500' to ground. Maybe the window doesn't exist, but I don't see why? I was starting to enjoy flying the 747, but am beginning to think I need to go back to the 737 and/or CRJ700. Thanks Radar! - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Rick G Guest

Wow, 132 pages on the Boeing 747. I took a quick glance and didn't see anything about a window showing altitude (actual ground to flight altitude). Thanks Radar just the same, I will continue flying the 737 and the
CRJ700. I just thought I was missing something with the 747, but I guess not. I did see on one of the You Tube videos where someone has loaded the ability for altitude callouts when getting close to the runway. Anyway, thanks, and "Happy Flying!" - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad it didn't have what you needed but that you enjoyed it anyway.
Happy Flying!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...