Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Ground elevation on FSX Default 747-400

Rick G Guest

I might be blind, but not really, but I can not find how to see ground elevation, especially for ILS approaches. I tried watching several You Tube videos, but they breeze thru those so fast, if they did mention it, I missed it. Thanks if someone can point me in the right direction! - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Rick G Guest

Radar Man - Thanks for the reply and the link. I still don't see any reference to indicated ground level in the 747. Boeing 737 and Bombardier CRJ700 has a window which can tell you ground level at a glance of ground level less than 2500' to ground. Maybe the window doesn't exist, but I don't see why? I was starting to enjoy flying the 747, but am beginning to think I need to go back to the 737 and/or CRJ700. Thanks Radar! - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Rick G Guest

Wow, 132 pages on the Boeing 747. I took a quick glance and didn't see anything about a window showing altitude (actual ground to flight altitude). Thanks Radar just the same, I will continue flying the 737 and the
CRJ700. I just thought I was missing something with the 747, but I guess not. I did see on one of the You Tube videos where someone has loaded the ability for altitude callouts when getting close to the runway. Anyway, thanks, and "Happy Flying!" - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad it didn't have what you needed but that you enjoyed it anyway.
Happy Flying!

Radar