FSX vs Windows 10

Pro Member Trainee
Adolph_Galland Trainee

I recently downloaded Windows 10. After doing that, I subsequently downloaded FSX. My main problem: there is no icon on my desktop to initiate the game. I made sure when downloading that the icon box was checked. I can't seem to find FSX on Windows 10. Can anyone help me? Thanx!

Adolph Galland

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to your "C" drive, open, programs (X86) contains FSX.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Adolph_Galland Trainee

I did as you told. No FSX icon; a folder named microsoft games was there, which was unfortunately empty. Thanx anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Odd...try Programs the folder just before that one.
It should have been in that one.
If you can't find it then try installing it again as if you didn't the first time and see what happens.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Adolph_Galland Trainee

I reinstalled FSX a second time and still no FSX icon on the desktop. However ... I figured out a solution. After downloading FSX, I noticed that the FSX icon was on the lower task bar. All I did was click the right side of the mouse and pinned the icon permently to the task bar. It now starts when I want to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😂 Strange place for them to place it without asking but it solves your problem.
Happy flying!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...