KLM repaint

Pro Member Trainee
jagerderek Trainee

I've tried to get a repaint of KLM 747, from 2 different downloads and the best I got was the plane showing up in my list, but is black and not usable. I think I followed the instructions to a T, but obviously I've missed something. Any help for a novice would be appreciated!!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm assuming you have FSX.
Go into the main menu of FSX, graphic tab and try unchecking the box marked DX10...this usually is done when the aircraft shows white.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jagerderek Trainee

Thank you for the reply! I do have fsx, but am apprehensive about messing with my fsx files. I think I screwed up when pasting files in 747 config. file because now my defaults won't work. I've since bought 747-200 and 300 with klm livery which is nice in a nostalgic sense, but I miss my default 747-400. I think opening the zip in notepad did it, since adobe didn't work. I just can't seem to restore the 747 config file to its original state.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

To fix the defaults drop in disk #1 and choose repair.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jagerderek Trainee

I never had disc, loaded fsx online through steam.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ask at Steam if anyone can upload a new copy of what cfg. you need.
The disk version is probably different.

Radar

in steam if right click on the fsx steam on your installed games list this will open a box, click on the bottom label properties, this will open a box then third top tab local files then left click on verify integrityof local game files let it run if it find a problem ie missing files it will restore the files, no need to re-install.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...