Problems completing the reinstallation of FSX

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I've successfully completed the re-installation of FSX via disks 1 and 2. The product was successfully activated for my computer (I got the option to input the product key). The problem occurs when I try to install the Acceleration disk (I might add that the option to input the product key for the acceleration disk was not seen). The following message pops up in a box when I finally run the software:

We're sorry, an unexpected error occured which is preventing product activation from being completed.
ERROR CODE - 1-80004005
More information on this problem may be available online. Would you like to view this information now?

The online link leads to nowhere when I press the YES button. I also noticed that the FSX icon does not appear among my background icons at startup. Can anyone explain how I can get around this and activate my software with acceleration disk?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin
Monty bonner Guest

Find and install that patch it fixed various errors with my install. SP2 has the acceleration package you mentioned, install that as well. But activate it prior to Service Pack installation.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...