I need advice with buying a joystick for FS 2004

Kerry-ann Guest

😕 I am buying my farther his 1st PC game to go with his new PC. The only game he wishes to have is a good flight simulator so we have selected Microsoft flight simulator 2004 a century of flight.

I have spent day's trying to see what joystick to get him and would welcome any advice. He selected the Logic 3 Phantom 2 but it needs to be updated to work with windows XP and I did not think it look sufficient. I found the Saitek X45 which looked very good but now have found some conflicting information.

So any advice would be useful.

Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

My dog helped me decide to buy a new stick just after x-mas (don't ask)

I bought a wireless Logitech Wingman Freedom 2.4.
Wireless is the best!
It has 10 buttons, slight rotation for the rudder, throttle, and a view "hat" It uses 3 AA batteries which so far last about a month.

Mike
Idea

you may want to take a look at the trackir2 for POV

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

on day #3 of my Saitek Cyborg Evo and still liking it.
(it's kinda cool-lookin' too)
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/cyborg_evo.htm

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I posted an article here reviewing some great joysticks:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4684/

Feel free to comment on the article over there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...