F-22 Raptor afterburner flames ?

Jim Lynch Guest

I recently downloaded Virtavia's F-22 Raptor, and what a sweet flying aircraft. My afterburner flames however, are not exiting the engine nozzles, but are coming off the fuselage about 3 - 4 feet higher , or way above the nozzles ? Any fix for this, or is it just something that I have to live with ?

Jim

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It may be because of an older video card, as you say...live with it.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Have you spoken to Virtavia? What version of FSX are you running? Also, where did you purchase the product - SimShack?

Jim Lynch Guest

No, I have not spoken to Virtavia, are they available for that ? It's an early basic version of FSX given to me by a friend. I have also noticed the same phenomena with "some" Nav lights, which ride above the wing tips, and are not in the wing tips. Just "some" planes, and not all. It's no big deal, and will be easy to live with. It would be nice to get it right.

Jim

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you want to contact them...I would.

tech.support@virtavia.com

Radar

Jim Lynch Guest

For some reason that link tech.support@virtavia.com , didn't work. I guess that I will just live with it, it's no big deal. I flew it again this evening, she's a fine performer.

Thanks guys for all of your help.

Jim[/b]

Jim Lynch Guest

I took it a step further. I deleted Flame Effects from the Effects Folder. I now have the afterburner lighting up beautifully within the turbine nozzles, but no extended, misaligned goofy looking flames. I am happy with it this way . End of story, end of problem.

Adios my friends.

Jim 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great idea, better than new.
Enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...