flight plans

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Should I deleat some of my flight plans after I get done with them so my computer has more memory room. I saw my flight simulator files and I noticed I had almost 150 flight plans!

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Deleating the flight plans will make no differance to the flight sim peformance.The only speed issue you may find is in loading saved flights

Pro Member Chief Captain

sometimes when I start my flight simulator it will say there is not enough memory to run it. What do you think of that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

sometimes when I start my flight simulator it will say there is not enough memory to run it. What do you think of that?

😕 Nothing to do with what youve added.Sounds like you may only have 512 or even worse 256mbs of memory

What are your system specs

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have almost 23,000mbs. (My computer is a Windows XP home edition that costs 4,000 dollars.)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

I have almost 23,000mbs. (My computer is a Windows XP home edition that costs 4,000 dollars.)

Right click on the icon "My Computer" and then left click on properties.
The window that comes up will have how much ram you have almost at the bottom.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

it sayed 1.50 GB of RAM. whatever that is?

Pro Member Trainee
earthdance Trainee

It means that you have 1.5 GB of memory which I believe is way more than most people on these forums. I don't think your problem has to do with memory, it may be that you are running out of hard drive space. Go to my computer, right click on the hard drive where flight simulator is installed, usually C: and then hit Properties . On the pop up window you should be able to read how much space you have left on your drive. You should try deleting programs that you dont use very often to free up some space. Hope this helps

Pro Member Chief Captain

Over half of the graph was pink which means "free space."

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is this the problem that you have.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;837869

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think so. But the message that I get is, "Your computer does not have enough memory to run 'Flight Simulator 2004.'" When it happens I restart my computer to get a frest start. Then, I try to start fs9 and it works then.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rebooting gets rid of all the programs running in the background. I can't imagine how many could cause a message like that with all the ram you have.

You might have spy-ware on your machine.
Dump your cookies and run these two free programs to get rid of the spy-ware (if any).

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ Ad-Aware

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html Spybot

Then scandisk and defrag your machine, unless you do it every week like I do.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thank you. I appreciate your help. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

You also can hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and than Task Manager will appear. Then Application Tab U can see what applications running except FS9 and take care of them See who is stilling your memory . At performance tab U can learn about your free memory. When U run fs9 try to close all other windows and shut up your internet if it is possible. An other point:
U may have not assigned enough virtual memory in your hard drive: See Control Panel->system->Advanced->Advanced Tab->Setting->Advanced
Tab -> Virtual Memory. Total Paging file size with your computer has to be at least 1000 Mb

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...