Thank you RadarMan for the prompt reply. I have read the suggestions you made, and I understand how the layers must be arranged, but I still can not find the overlays the installation readme talks about, see below:
The newer packages contain multiple versions of the yOrthoXP overlays file. You will just pick one of them. You can delete the ones you decide not to use, or save them for later in case you change your mind.
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_XP11 - Default XP 11 roads, trees and buildings (will only work with XP11 only)
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_XP10 - Default XP 10 roads, trees and buildings (will work with XP10 or XP11)
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_HDv4 - HD v4 roads, trees and buildings by Alpilotx (will work with XP11 only)
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_HDv3 - HD v3 roads, trees and buildings by Alpilotx (will work with XP10 or XP11)
I have searched through all the files added with the custom scenery but can not find any yOrtho files?
Can you help again please?
Bryan.
1 Answers
Is this of any help.[left]How do I install X plane scenery?[/left][left]When you install a new mesh scenery you will probably have to lower its priority.
- Copy the scenery into the Custom Scenery Folder.
- Start X-Plane.
- Quit.
- Open scenery_packs.ini and locate the new entry at the top of the file for the mesh scenery.
- Move the line down in the text file below all overlays.
- Restart X-Plane.
[/left]
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
X-Plane — recently answered
X-PlaneHow do I fly an ILS approach in X-Plane?Learn how to fly an ILS approach in X-Plane: tune the localiser, select VLOC, capture LOC and…Read answer →X-PlaneWhich A380 add-ons are available for X-Plane 11 and 12?Compare Airbus A380 add-ons for X-Plane 11 and 12, including FlightFactor, Peters Aircraft and…Read answer →X-PlaneHow do I use a follow-me car in X-Plane 12?Use a follow-me car in X-Plane 12: choose the right add-on, request the vehicle, follow it…Read answer →X-PlaneHow do you use the yaw damper in X-Plane 12 aircraft?Learn how to use the X-Plane 12 yaw damper, bind its controls, choose the right engagement…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain