File location- Steam FSX payware

Mark in WY Guest

G'day- I recently downloaded a payware F4 package from Steam, but it didn't include a panel.  I found a suitable panel and downloaded it.  Problem- I can't locate the F4 package in the FSX/Sim Objects/Aircraft folder.  The F4 and it's variants appears and functions in FSX properly. I\'ve also looked for hidden fles in this folder to no avail.  I've been an FS user for many years and am comfy with configuring the .pnl files.  I just can' t find the root aircraft file.  Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
mh

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4795/

FSX Steam usually installs to the same place on most computers because of how Windows works. That is the Program Files (x86) folder. FSX: Steam Edition will be there unless you chose a different location when you installed it. Open your Windows Explorer file manager.

Radar

Mark in WY Guest

Thanks for the reply.  I still can't locate the file.  Have looked through all folders in the aircraft folder.  I don't think the model will even boot or appear if it's not in that particular folder.  Just for fun, I brought up the aircraft in FSX just not and dug thru explorer again thinking maybe steam loads it through their server when you start it- no joy.  As a side note, my FSX file is stock except for this one payware I added- no other extra files.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Contact the company that sold it to you and see what they have to say.

Outside of that, I would just search in every folder of FSX.
If FSX isn't on your "C" drive then that could be the problem.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...