No aircraft textures

Pro Member Trainee
David (Davidflies) Trainee

Installing either payware or freeware aircraft in FSX there are no textures.  No VC textures or outside textures.  Gauges in VC show up but that is it.

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to the tab that you choose the aircraft.
Make sure DX10 box preview is not checked in your settings.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

No switch to make the choice? 

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't understand the question.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

the "window" where I can choose any of my aircraft there is no option to choose DX10 or any DX setting.

Pro Member Trainee

I have windows 10.  It has DC11 installed on it and I cannot change it.  Supposing it can run anything down to DX8.  But it does not help me.  Also I cannot  get Trackir to work in FSX either.  I just reinstalled FSX into Windows 10 after being out or it for two  or three years.  I'm almost  ready to forget it or just run what I can.  I just would love to have the trackir running again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try unchecking the box, nothing to lose.
I have W10 and it is unchecked, everything (payware) looks fine.

See if this helps with the Trackir problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Where is the switch to uncheck DX10 ??   I cannot find it.

Pro Member Trainee

All negative with trackir.  It works fine in it's program but dose nothing in FSX.   went to help in trackir and followed their instructions and still nothing in FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The DX10 box is on the right side of the graphics tab.
Do you have The Acceleration Pack or did you load the SP1 and SP2 patches.

See if they can help you here with your trackit.
https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

I have FSX Deluxe Edition and Acceleration.

Pro Member Trainee

I'v installed those.  The trackir works in it's window its just not running in FSX.

Pro Member Trainee

Sorry about this but where is the graphics tab.  Is it on the free flight first screen or where else.   I'm lost!

Pro Member Trainee

In FSX with aircraft displayed on runway Under "Settings - Desplay" then "Graphics" tab there is no  "DX10 box to preview"  Box to be seen?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee

Not in mine?  No box to check that.  I have Sp1 and Sp2 from acceleration installation.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Reinstall Acceleration or SP2, as appropriate (no need to repair as a repair will change all of your fsx settings).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Only way to reinstall acceleration was to uninstall it.  It did that now it won't reinstall.  Got to love FSX!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There are some hidden folders (files) and some lines in the registry that are stopping it from re-installing.

Use this to clean out what remains and then it should install.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
Radar

Pro Member Trainee

I always use a registry scanner after i uninstall anything.  in this case that is not enough.  FSX is still working like it has acceleration install except for some aircraft.  Still cannot reinstall acceleration.  Will keep working on it til the cows come home.

dose fsx steam work any better in windows 10?  when i ask around the internet there is both good and bad as there is with FSX.  My pc and graphics card are not  the latest (7 years old) but seem to run well.  boots in 20 to 32 seconds and no problem with internet or any other program i run except for FSX giving me a fit.

My system:   AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor 2.70. GHz
                     Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (8.00 GB usable)

Graphics Card:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When we had XP we had a re-install disk or a backup of the OS was on the hard drive, but with W10 there is a problem.
I mention this because with a problem like you have we just re-installed Windows and started FSX fresh.

Steam is no better than the disk FSX.
As you know a new Sim is comming soon, it will take a stronger machine but hopefully it will be better.

Your system looks fine, if you are running 64bit with both SP1 and SP2 you should be able to use all 16gigs.
Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us in the loop.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I'll let you know if I make any progress on my FSX.  Thank Again!  David

Pro Member Trainee

PS:  Nice to know there is someone out there who cares

Pro Member Trainee

Got it fully reinstalled.   I uninstalled fsx completely and had no problem reinstalling FSX but it still would not install acceleration.  Look for SP1 AND SP2 found free downloads at MS and they both installed like they were made to.  So I'm fully installed.  Have not tested any missing graphics on aircraft yet but I don't think that has changed.

Thanks again for your help.  David

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sounds great.
It was quite a bit of work so lets hope it paid off.
Thanks for the update.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

FSX is fully functional.   All aircraft have every thing.   I'm Soooooooooo happy!  Beautiful.   Trackir is working too under EZdok Camera2.  All good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😀 It took some time and much work but it paid off in the end.
Thanks for letting us know!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...