Kiosk mode modification - add picture

Pro Member Trainee
Al (Al312) Trainee

Hello again,
I'm in the process of trying to import an add-on aircraft into the Kiosk mode of FSX.  All has gone well except for adding a picture to the Kiosk home screen.  I have taken a screen shot, reduced it to the proper dimensions and saved it as a .bmp file using Paint.net, and copied it to the desktop.  The problem arises when trying to add the image to the appropriate .flt file. 
In the past I've used Notepad to enter and similarly modify FS9's [Main] file with no problem.  But with FSX, although I'm able to write the screenshot file into FSX's [Main] file, when trying to close out of Notepad I get the dialog box "C:\Program Files\ etc... \You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." 
I am the only administrator of this computer.  
Any assistance you can offer would be gratefully accepted.  Right now I'm stymied.  Thanks.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right click on the FSX desktop icon and choose run as administrator.

I'm pretty sure the thumbnail should be a jpeg not a bmp.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Al (Al312) Trainee

When opening Notepad to insert the Screenshot into the [Main] section of the .flt file, open Notepad by right-clicking to reach menu containing "Run as administrator".  Open Notepad with "Run as administrator".  Operating the computer as an administrator -- even the only administrator -- is not enough.  Running Notepad as an administrator will permit modifications to the .flt file to be successfully saved.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...