New to Fly Away But not to Sim

Pro Member Trainee
s44rgg Trainee

Hey all,

Not to use this thread as an intro but as it is my first post, I guess it is. 

I have been with MS Flight Sim from 1999 to 2016 so saw it all with the highs and lows of the different flight simulator editions.

I have been away from it for a few years until recently when I stumbled across FS 2020. Obviously it has got the interest back!

Anyway, I now have an iMac (looking to sell on) which is a 2014 iMac 5k with a 3.5 i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB Fusion Drive, and 2GB ATi GPU.

Anyway, I tried Bootcamp to get FSX on and it's horrendous. My last home-built PC between 2012-2016 was an SB i5 2500k @ 4ghz, 8GB Ram (i think) and I can't even remember what GPU (only 1GB though). That PC ran FSX with a lot of ORBX and AI somewhat too bad, so no idea why the iMac is struggling. I have since bought Xplane and whilst better than how FSX runs, still not ideal.

SO

I am looking to build again. My question has no right answer I imagine but would it be naive to go all-in now with something along the lines of the following?
i9 9900
64gB Ram
2080Ti 11gb
2GB m2

Is spending around £2,500 stupid considering FS2020 is still in testing?

Or should the above future proof a scenario as to what FS2020 will throw at it? 

Thank you for anybody's advice.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It will run it but as before they build the sim to last so the computer has not been built yet to run it full out.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...