red substance sprouting out of my 747..strange

crosscheck9 Guest

hi,
i just downloaded a 747, and i took off from riyadh's king khaled airport, but as i got the plane at a stable climb after takeoff, i went to the spot view, and noticed red dots sprouting all over the place, out of the rear end of the plane. it was very unusual. i went into the cockpit, and saw that my EGT, was red. i dont know what the egt is, so i didnt know how to fix it. any ideas.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

That happened to me with the POSKY United 747. If you bump the bottom of the plane during takeoff, you see those dots. They are supposed to be sparks.

crosscheck9 Guest

thnx, ill remember that next time, but with that in mind, at what degree are you supposed to rotate with the 747. i rotated at 10 degrees, which is adequate, as far as i know

Flyaway2 Guest

Keep just below 10 for rotation, then as soon as the back wheels lift the ground, up to 10 and hold out for gear up, then trim as required.

Flyaway2 Guest

Also, usually set 10 degrees of flap for takeoff to give the extra lift, but it depends on runway length and weather conditions. They do this in real life.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Good rule of thumb for rotation is 2.5* per second up to 15-18* on average. Takes a bit of practice but works well....the main consideration is whether you are up to VR when you rotate. If you rotate before this speed the consequences are a tailstrike hence the sparks and loss of job! Different weights, altitude and temperatures as well as flap settings affect VR which is why either charts or the FMC are used, or both if you want to crosscheck the info.

crosscheck9 Guest

i just tried again, and the same thing happened to me. i rotated at VR, at 8-9degrees, and it still showed up. i watched the instant replay, but its still not exactly clear. the tail seems to blend in with the ground at around 7 degrees. and clues. btw, this time, i had sparks flying out of the belly as well, and some was coming out of my engines. i dont get it. why is it doing this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

well, if EGT, which is Exhaust Gas Temperature is in the red, that's not good, engines will overheat if left like that. It' sOK on takeoff, buit try to keep emission temps below the red.

crosscheck9 Guest

my exhast gas temp was in the red only for the first thousand feet, (about 2 minutes long)

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Try this- Only leave 5% fuel in the wing tanks and nothing in the center tanks. Select flap 5 or 10 and a long runway like EGLL, throttle up to 90% N1 holding the brakes until the N1 is set. Do not rotate let it do it....if you get to the red 300 metres to go lights at the end of the RW then initiate a slow rotation. Let us know what happens, this should guarantee no tailstrike and no overheat.

crosscheck9 Guest

hey,
im in skool now, but ill try it at home. thanks, ill let you know what happens

crosscheck9 Guest

i tried what ph said, and it worked, the sparks and flames disappeared. the aircraft, however, had no intention of rotating on its own, so i did it myself. how am i supposed to avoid disaster with a fully fueld plane, and a rotation at 153 kts. 10 degrees up.

crosscheck9 Guest

any ideas.....?

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Look for somewhere with a long runway! Try giving a decent headwind for the departure RW 20 kts or so. Can you lose some payload? For real if it can't be done then you lose either fuel or payload depends which is gonna cost more!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...