Minimum equipment

Roger Otis Guest

I have a good Windows 10 laptop.  Can I use a beginner's flight simulator on this?  Do I need a joystick, or is there a way I can control the plane without it. Obviously, my budget is small.  Thank you.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First here are all the keyboard commands.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

You would enjoy it more with a joystick.

After you install it set the slides to the left in the sim (the ones that make it look good).
Autogen, shadows, AI and clouds use up most of the power in FSX so keep them as low as possible.
Lock your FPS (frames per second) at 30.
See how it looks and you can keep moving the slides until the aircraft flys smoothly.
Start off with the lessons, airliners aren't that easy to fly.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...