Will my PC run fs2020?

TheDiamondNinja Guest

My specs:
Intel Core i7-7700k CPU (4 Core)
4.20GHz
16GB Ram
GTX 1060

Not specs but i have around 1.2TB memory spare.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It should run nice on that computer with that video card.
You may not be able to run it full out but playing with the settings you'll enjoy it.
Get a joystick.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there!

Based on the specifications you've provided, your system should be able to run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, albeit with some limitations. Let's dive a little deeper into your hardware and see how it stacks up against the recommended requirements for the simulator.

• CPU: Your Intel Core i7-7700k (4 cores, 4.20GHz) should be able to handle the processing demands of the sim, as it meets the recommended CPU requirement (Intel i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X). However, since it's an older generation processor, it might not perform as well as the latest CPUs on the market.
  • RAM: Your 16GB RAM is in line with the recommended requirements (16GB), so you should be fine in this regard. However, if you plan on running additional applications simultaneously with the sim, or using complex add-ons, you might consider upgrading to 32GB for better performance.
  • GPU: Your GTX 1060 is below the recommended GPU requirement (NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 590). While you should be able to run the sim on your current GPU, you'll likely need to lower some graphic settings to achieve smooth performance.
  • Storage: With 1.2TB of free space, you have more than enough room to accommodate the base game, which requires approximately 150GB of storage. However, keep in mind that additional scenery, aircraft, and other add-ons will consume extra storage space.

To sum it up, your system is capable of running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, but you might need to tweak some graphic settings for optimal performance. If you want to improve the overall experience, consider upgrading your GPU and possibly increasing your RAM.

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend visiting the official Microsoft Flight Simulator website (https://www.flightsimulator.com/) for further information and updates.

Safe skies and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...