Where is the "Airplane folder" hiding?

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

After considerable grief I have finally got FSX up and running and joy, oh joy it works! I tried to add a downloaded aircraft and the "readme" told me to put it in the "Airplane folder" - I can't see any such folder in the FSX program - does anybody know where it can be, or do I have to create and add it?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

look in simobjects

Last edited by Flykid on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

it should be in:

Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks for your replies, I didn't think of looking there having been condition by FS9 to look in the obvious folder!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

lol, my friend had the same problem

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I'm still not sure which I prefer - FS9 or FSX - my pc only runs at 3Ghz so I don't exactly get the full benefit of the latter. I think the truth is I got quite comfortable with the old system and now must move on into something more sophisticated. I certainly like the 3D cockpit which is much easier to use than the FS9 2D cockpit. At the moment I'm trying to figure out what key stroke does what!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...