Trying to use FMC on MD83

Pro Member Trainee
rogerstubbs126 Trainee

I have attempted several flights with the Honeywell system but cannot get it to react when I engage autopilot with it in "ACTIVATE" mode. It goes into a stall straight away and and by the time I get that under control I have missed my first waypoint. From there on in I get no input from the FMC unless I switch on GPS which rather seems to negate its purpose.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First, here is a product that may help.

https://www.simshack.net/products/universal-flight-management-computer-fmc-fsx-p3d-796

Now a video that may help.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
rogerstubbs126 Trainee

Thanks for that RadarMan. I am comfortable with setting up a flight on this FMC but am somewhat confused by the "Bendix King" user manual. on Page 3 - last paragraph on right side - it suggests that turning Vnav off will result in the autopilot retaining the program and continue on course without Vnav. For me, one of the main attractions is a controlled ascent, particularly the speed under 10000 feet.......Roger

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know that this is very long but you can pick out what you need.
The information he gives is spot-on!

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...