New Member UNABLE to use FlyAway Software

Pro Member Trainee
Barry Rappaport (Barry41) Trainee

Last week I joined FlyAway and paid for my membership. As of this date I can do everything EXCEPT use the Flight Simulation software . When you attempt to install the software you are required to enter a PRODUCT KEY. I was never sent the key and therefore unable to install the package and use any simulators except for the Demo. I have sent 2 emails to support without any reply.. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Please tell me what software you are talking about and if possible suppy a link.
Let me take a look at it, I've never run into that before.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

When I joined I was supposed to have been sent a "PRODUCT CODE" via email.  I never received that code. 

The program that asked me for that PRODUCT CODE was X-PLANE.exe. That is the program that allows you to run the demo and then will allow you to register for the "paid" program which I had already done. I just need the PRODUCT CODE that will let me follow though with registration

Fly Away Simulation Membership
PayPal Subscription ID: I-RKW0M5MWGWL8
Subscription Status: Active
Expires: 2020-09-29 17:03:51

Thank you  and if you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I can't find X-Plane.exe on our server but I fould this free download.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3276/x-plane-for-windows-mac-linux-demo/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

That is the program that executes the demo. I just can't locate where it came from , but I'm sure it was inside one of your ZIP files that I downloaded

Pro Member Trainee

The file that contians the program that executes the Demo program is X-Plane 11 Files\x-plane-11-universal.zip..Inside that file are several ZIP files, one is for windows and that contains an "installer" and that is the file that is causing me grief..if there was a way to send you graphics, I could send you screen dumps..
Thanks for all of your time and trouble..it's hard to find stuff on yor server, at least for me  

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you need something and can't find it...ask.
I'll look for it if I understand exactly what you need.

Meanwhile if you need help you can contact.support@flyawaysimulation.com
Radar

Pro Member Trainee

We are both getting frustrated here..
First of all I have emailed "support" twice and have not received a reply..

Second let's try this..I have spent over 50 years in IT and a lot of that time behind a "help desk" and learned to have lots of patience..

What I need is the DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT KEY used to install the product

Follow these instructions and you will see exactly what I am talking about..

1- Locate your Demo/Installer program (the name of that program is X-plane.exe)
2- Click on that and open it up.

2A-- You will have 2 Options

2B- One option will be to USE DEMO

2C- The second is to UNLOCK FULL VERSION

2D- Click on UNLOCK FULL VERSION

2E- One option is "I have an Xplane11 DVD"

2F-   The other option is "I HAVE A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT KEY" (This is what I need as it was never sent to me)..see my first post

2G- Click on "I HAVE A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT KEY"..it will bring up a screen where you can enter the DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT KEY that was supposed to have been supplied when X-plane was paid for and in my case, it was not supplied so I am not able to install.

2H- If you click on "I do not have the digital download product key", it will bring up a screen which will allow you to puchase the product

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have the "power" to give you the "key" that you need.
I'm just a moderator.
Try this contact, I can understand how frustrated you are.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Good morning,
Thank you very much for your time and effort.
At least now we both understand what I need.
Have a great day,
Barry

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Good morning,
I heard from Ryan and it now appears that we are in the process of getting the issue resolved. He wanted to know which product I purchased and mentioned SimShack. I was not aware that there were several products. I sent him a copy of the purchase confirmation for FlyAway and hope that is what he needs.
Thanks for your help,
Have a great weekend,
Barry

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm glad you were contacted and will be working it out.
Thanks for loetting us know, much appreciated.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...