Changing Aircraft indentification?

Pro Member Trainee
Reginald Cote (reggie52) Trainee

Hi everybody

How can I change the aircraft identification from AS-XGS1 for an other ident.?

Best regards, Reggie

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is this what you want.How to Change Tail Number in Microsoft Flight SimulatorChanging your tail number is done in the exact same method. Simply go to the World Map screen and then click on the ‘Aircraft Selection’ option. Go to ‘ATC Options’ and choose the ‘Tail Number’ option.Not only can you change the tail number itself, but you can also toggle the option to show the tail number on the aircraft or not whenever you want from this settings menu.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Reginald Cote (reggie52) Trainee

I like to do free flight using to ADF.  But I canot find how to activate the ADF and tune it to the appropriate frequency nor to hear the NDB. ident. Your help is much appreciated.
Best regards, Reggie

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I hope this helps, this is a great site for all information.

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/ndb-nav-adf-1.htm

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Reggie,

I understand you're looking to alter the aircraft identification in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. This process can be completed by modifying the ATC (Air Traffic Control) settings in your simulator. I'll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to do this:

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
Start the Microsoft Flight Simulator and load into the main menu.

Step 2: Accessing the World Map
From the main menu, click on "World Map" to access the flight planning interface.

Step 3: Aircraft Selection
Select the aircraft you wish to modify the identification for, and click on the aircraft icon.

Step 4: Accessing the ATC Options
In the aircraft customization panel, you will find a tab labeled "ATC Options". Click on it to access the settings related to ATC communication.

Step 5: Modifying Aircraft Identification
Once you have accessed the ATC Options tab, locate the "Tail Number" or "Call Sign" fields. Here, you can input your desired identification, replacing the default "AS-XGS1". Make sure to follow the standard aircraft identification format (e.g., N123AB).

Step 6: Saving Changes
After entering your preferred identification, click on "Apply" or "Confirm" to save the changes.

Step 7: Enjoying Your Customized Aircraft
Now you can proceed to plan your flight and enjoy flying with your personalized aircraft identification.

Please note that this process needs to be done for each aircraft you wish to customize. If you want to apply the new identification to multiple aircraft, you'll need to repeat these steps for each one.

I hope this helps you in customizing your aircraft identification in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...