How to remove Pop-ups on screen

Fly High Guest

Level at 10,000 ft I get a pop-up window "Airspeed above 74.0 kts.", with a decription of how to reduce airspeed in the climb. There are other windows as well, which are meaningless and annoying.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should help.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow simmer,

I understand your frustration with the intrusive pop-up windows appearing during your flights in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. These pop-up windows are part of the Assistance feature, which is designed to guide and inform novice simmers about various aspects of flight. However, for experienced simmers like you, these can be unnecessary and bothersome. Don't worry, I have a solution for you.

To disable these pop-up windows, follow these steps:

1. Press the Escape key (or ESC) to bring up the simulator's main menu.
  2. Navigate to the Options tab, located in the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. Once inside the Options menu, select the Assistance tab.
  4. In the Assistance menu, you'll find various categories like Piloting, Aircraft Systems, and Navigation & ATC.
  5. Expand each category and set the sliders to Hard or Off, depending on your preferences. This will disable the assistance pop-ups for each respective category.

After making these adjustments, you should no longer see the pop-up windows during your flights. If you ever need assistance in the future, you can always re-enable them by following the same steps and adjusting the sliders back to their original settings.

I hope this helps, and I wish you many enjoyable flights ahead. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to ask. We're all here to help each other.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...