Cockpit pop ups

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

How can I activate these pop-ups like the one for example that supposedly allows you to hide the yoke but as much as it lights up when selected it will not perform the activity it's supposed to.

There must be an orientation selection that I haven't made but for the life of me, I can't see which one it is.

Any help would be appreciated by this 2020 'newbie'.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there, fellow simmer!

No worries, we've all been a 'newbie' at some point. I'm happy to help you with your question about activating cockpit pop-ups in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release).

It sounds like you're having trouble with the toggle action for hiding the yoke in the virtual cockpit. Generally, the process involves clicking on a designated 'hotspot' on the yoke itself. This hotspot is usually highlighted when you hover your mouse over it, making it easier to identify.

Here's a step-by-step guide to help you out:

1. First, ensure that you are in the virtual cockpit view by pressing End on your keyboard or selecting the cockpit view from the camera toolbar.

2. Next, hover your mouse over the yoke, and you should notice a small, circular icon appearing near the base of the yoke. This icon represents the hotspot for toggling the yoke's visibility.
  3. Click on this icon to hide the yoke. The yoke should now be hidden, providing an unobstructed view of your instrument panel.

Remember, this process may slightly differ depending on the aircraft you are using. Some developers might assign different hotspots or require different steps to achieve the same result.

If you're still having trouble, you may want to check for any conflicting keybindings or controller settings that might interfere with the yoke visibility toggle. You can do this by going to the Options menu, then Controls, and searching for "yoke" to see any related keybindings or assignments.

Also, don't forget to check the official Microsoft Flight Simulator website and forums for any known issues or updates regarding this specific problem.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to ask. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...