fs9.1 update does not run; .dll missing

kahlhorst Guest

Hi all, I installed fs9 from CD so far with no problem. Now, I downloaded the update to 9.1 from these pages. But the installer stopps at the beginning saying a file is missing: ATC.dll. Although it is there. I also replaced the file on HDD with new copy from CD; but it does not help. Any idea why? Also, the No-CD patch does not start; it says: MSVCR70.dll is missing. Any more ideas? Thanks!

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you update from 9.0 to 9.1 then you have to use a different crack

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 v9.1 No-CD Patch for FS2004 (flyawaysimulation.com)

Radar

kahlhorst Guest

Thanks, but it does not start. It says that MSVCR70.dll is missing. I unpacked it and started it from the fs9 folder. Correct?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
kahlhorst Guest

Thanks! I will try!

kahlhorst Guest

Hi, I went through the text in the link but unfortunately, I can't get it fixed. I don't get the MSVCR70.dll "restored". Although, it is present in the fs9 folder...?! Even after re-installation and HDD scan and repair and compatibility mode,... Do you know under what path the MSVCR70.dll needs to be located? How could I find that out? Thanks again for your support!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your system is 64 Bit, copy the "Msvcr70dll" library and paste it into "C:\Windows\sysWOW64" directory. NOTE! On 64 Bit systems, you must copy the dynamic link library to both the "sysWOW64" and "System32" directories.

How to Fix Msvcr70.dll is Missing or Not Found Errors (lifewire.com)

Radar

kahlhorst Guest

Hi, this was a good hint to copy the file in both directories; that worked. I had several other missing files, but solved these issues. Now, the lastest bug is that the file DEM4KM.gbl is missing or damaged. I restored it from the installation CD, but it didn't help. Same error meassage. Sorry to bother you again, but any idea? Thanks man!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
kahlhorst Guest

Too bad, this thread doesn't help. I got still stuck with the 'damaged or missing file dem4km.bgl'. You don't have another idea, do you? Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

If not the drop in Disk #1 and choose repair.

Radar

kahlhorst Guest

Hi, No, somehow, it doesn't work. But the video was for the launch of the fs9 itself, right? But I am still struggling with the installation of the patch. Somewhere, I read that both patch version (the no-CD patch and the other one (https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/) are valid and you have to figure out which one is applicable for your system. But do you know how to do that?
The second problem is that I have no repair function on the CD set... There is no option to choose.
Do you think it could be worth it buying another set of installer CDs and try?
By the way, I also tried the installation on another PC that originally ran under WIN7 and was upgraded to WIN10. But I have the same issues like with my desktop.
Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The sim right out of the box is 9.0 and takes the 9.0 patch.
The sim patched is 9.1 and takes the 9.1 patch.
If you want to use the crack it's the same principle, 9.0 for 9.0 and 9.1 for 9.1

Also for your other problem.
load flight sim x missing dem4km.bgl - Microsoft Community

Radar

kahlhorst Guest

Yeah, it works now! Thanks man!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...