Use of the MAP feature

Pro Member Trainee
gmillerd Trainee

It may be due to my advanced age, I am 77, however as a retired psychologist I have always felt somewhat intelligent, but there are some aspects of the FS9 map  that seem to elude me:

1) How does one make the center line stretch from an airport from a runway?
2) How does one make the line from an airport to where ever your airplane is?
3) I have tried to follow the steps given by Jonathon for an ILS approach and landing, and even did it once, since however, I seem to be having trouble.  I tried using the procedures for landing at Auckland Int airport in New Zealand and keep crashing.  Not sure what I am doing wrong, I set my altitude at 2800 feet, keep my speed well below 180 kts, use NAV, but I keep over shooting the runway.  

Maybe I should just quit.  LOL

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
gmillerd Trainee

Just wanted to let the group know that I discovered what I was doing wrong, I think.  I use the auto pilot to guide the airplane into position more in line with the runway, however I was forgetting to set the auto pilot back to NAV from HEADING.   😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...