Operating buttons in FS2020

Must I use the mouse to select buttons/settings on the instrument panel? I have USB hardware modules for FSX but don't think they will work with fs2020 yet.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow simmer,

I understand your concern about using the mouse for selecting buttons/settings on the instrument panel in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (FS2020). Transitioning from FSX to FS2020 can be a bit challenging, especially when it comes to hardware compatibility. Let me try to shed some light on your query.

Initially, yes, you might need to use the mouse for interacting with the instrument panel in FS2020. However, this is not the only method, and you're not entirely out of luck with your USB hardware modules. The developers of FS2020 have incorporated support for a wide range of peripherals, including joystick, throttle, and other input devices. Some users have successfully mapped their hardware modules, even the ones designed for FSX, to work with FS2020.

To make your USB hardware modules work with FS2020, you can follow these steps:

1. First, ensure that your USB hardware module is connected to your computer and properly recognized.
  2. Start FS2020 and navigate to the Options menu.
  3. Click on Controls, and you will see a list of connected devices on the left side of the screen.
  4. Select your USB hardware module from the list.
  5. You will now be able to view the current button assignments for your device.
  6. To assign or modify a function to a button, click on the button you want to change, then search for the desired function in the search bar and select it.
  7. Click on Validate to save your changes.

For your specific hardware modules, you might need to check the manufacturer's website or forums for specific FS2020 compatibility updates or drivers. Additionally, there are third-party software solutions, such as SPAD.neXt, which can help bridge the gap between older FSX hardware and FS2020. These tools provide enhanced functionality and customization options to help you get the most out of your existing hardware.

In conclusion, while it might take some effort to set up your USB hardware modules with FS2020, it is possible, and you won't be limited to using the mouse for interacting with the instrument panel. I hope this information helps you enjoy your flights in the new simulator. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Safe flying and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...