Chase plane view mode - 747

Pro Member Trainee
Robert (chuckabob) Trainee

Has anyone else experienced this: In chase plane view screen of the original 747 that comes with FS2004, the plane is very distorted - like super stretched in every direction. It started happening, then stopped after I flew another plane, then came back and stayed - even after re-booting. Doesn't seem to happen on any other craft. I wonder if Flightsim Manager has anything to do with it. I did install the noCD launch add-on, but that was some time ago.
I've also noticed that the default view in chase plane mode has changed to being very far away, and I have to zoom in so it is as close as it was originally.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

The distortion is caused when the view zoom is less than 1x - so 0.75 will be slightly distorted, 0.50 will be very distorted, 0.25 is extremely distorted. Just the way it is. Stick to 1x and you'll be fine.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

chuckabob wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this: In chase plane view screen of the original 747 that comes with FS2004, the plane is very distorted - like super stretched in every direction. It started happening, then stopped after I flew another plane, then came back and stayed - even after re-booting. Doesn't seem to happen on any other craft. I wonder if Flightsim Manager has anything to do with it. I did install the noCD launch add-on, but that was some time ago.
I've also noticed that the default view in chase plane mode has changed to being very far away, and I have to zoom in so it is as close as it was originally.

When in that view, hit the "Backspace" key to reset the view to normal.

Pro Member Trainee
Robert (chuckabob) Trainee

I tried backspace with no effect, and I tried the "=" and "-" keys, and it just makes it worse. Even the furthest away I can zoom, I can't see the whole plane in the view. As I circle the plane, I see inside the part of the plane that is closest. Zooming in just makes me see more inside the plane and on the other side. If I circle to the back of the plane looking toward the front, It looks like the plane was made of rubber and was stretched from nose to tail.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Give shift"-" and shift "+" a try.

Active camera can interfiere in chase view.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

None of what they tell you will work in that situation. Here's what you need to do. Hit ALT, then go to the VIEW tab, in the pull-down menu, select "view options" or something similar, then there'll be a new window where you can adjust the distance the camera is from the aircraft. Type in anywhere from 3-500 feet for best results. Hit OK, and you'll be back on track! 😎

Thank you all who responded. Fire_Emblem_Master had the fix that worked. Bravo!! What a great support mechanism you all are. Hopefully with some more experience under my belt I'll be able to give back to the flight sim community out there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...