Speed All Over the Place During Flight

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi,

I am currently flying my Airbus A319 and climbing to 26000, but I am finding that my speed is shooting all over the place. For example, one second it will be at 260knts and the next 320knts.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Leachus

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

It sounds like you've entered turbelunce Leachus 😉

Try requesting a higher cruise 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

pilotwannabe wrote:

It sounds like you've entered turbelunce Leachus 😉

Try requesting a higher cruise 😉

Yes - especially if you are on a high reality setting - your plane will fall apart if you don't (as mine did yesterday - a nasty ending to as good FSP career!)

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the info peeps but I have climbed another 2000ft but the same thing is still happening 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Unless it is severe turbulence then you should fly through it and you will be through it after 5 minutes. Your aircraft won't (shouldn't) become overstressed unless it is severe and constant windshear.

😉

Pro Member First Officer

It has been going on for the last 15 minutes to be honest, and I got annoyed and stopped flying now.

It couldn't be something to do with the panel I am using could it? I have only just installed it.

Thanks
Leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I doubt it has anything to do with the panel. You can modify the weather so you don't experience any turbulence, fly through it, or change altitude with ATCs approval 😉

Madbrit Guest

High altitude air pressure and winds can have a big effect on the IAS in kts. Switch over to Mach speed as you climb through 18,000' and see if it helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Might be Pitot probe ice.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...