Complete Uninstallation of Corrupted Aircraft from MSFS 2020 Market Place

George Ray Guest

I have a corrupted aircraft bought and downloaded from MSFS Market Place and would like to completely remove all traces of the aircraft so that I can download it again.
I don't mean just deleting from Content Manager as this still leaves traces. Please assist.
Cheers,
George

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi George,

Understanding the Challenge
It sounds like you've encountered a tricky situation with a corrupted aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Removing every trace of a problematic add-on can be more intricate than a standard uninstall via the Content Manager. The process involves delving into the simulator's file system and manually clearing out residual files.

Step-by-Step Solution

1. Firstly, ensure MSFS is not running.
  2. Navigate to the simulator's installation directory. The default path is usually C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
  3. Locate the folder named Official. Within this, you'll find a directory for the Market Place.
  4. Search for the folder corresponding to your corrupted aircraft. It might require a bit of detective work, as folder names aren't always intuitive.
  5. Once found, delete the entire folder.
  6. Empty your Recycle Bin to ensure complete removal.

Post-Removal Steps
After these steps, restart MSFS and re-download the aircraft from the Market Place. This should give you a clean installation.

Additional Tips

• If you're using X-Plane 12 or other platforms, similar steps apply, but directory structures might differ.
  • Always back up your files before making changes to the installation directory.
  • For persistent issues, reaching out to the aircraft developer or the MSFS support team can be helpful.

Keeping Up with Updates
Finally, ensure your MSFS is up to date, as updates often resolve many bugs and compatibility issues.

I hope this helps you get back to enjoying your flight experience without any hiccups. If you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to ask!

George Ray Guest

Ian Stephens, thanks a lot for your very informative reply. I have followed your instructions and SUCCESS. The only extra -
I deleted from Sim Objects/Airplanes also.
Once again, Thankyou,
George

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...