Cannot scroll World Map

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

Used to be able to not only zoom in on the world map but also scroll sideways and up and down. . Now only zoom works. Any solution or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

I've found the answer on another forum site.

"Make sure your mouse setting is to Default"

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there, fellow sim enthusiast! I'm glad to hear that you've already found a solution to your issue, but just in case anyone else encounters a similar problem, I'll provide some additional information and tips that might be helpful.

First and foremost, it's essential to ensure that your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS2020) is up-to-date. Developers are continually working on fixes and improvements, so having the latest version installed can resolve many issues. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app and check for updates in the Downloads and updates section.

As you've already mentioned, it's crucial to ensure that your mouse settings are set to "Default" within MSFS2020. In the event that this doesn't resolve the problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Reset key bindings: Sometimes, custom key bindings can interfere with the functionality of the world map. To rule this out, go to Options > Controls and click on the Reset to Defaults button.
  2. Adjust mouse sensitivity: High mouse sensitivity can sometimes affect scrolling behavior. Try lowering the sensitivity in the Options > Controls > Mouse section and test if this resolves the issue.
  3. Check for third-party add-ons: Certain third-party add-ons and mods can sometimes cause conflicts within the sim. Temporarily disable all add-ons and see if the issue persists. If the problem is resolved, you can try re-enabling them one by one to identify the culprit.
  4. Reinstall MSFS2020: If all else fails, you may need to consider reinstalling the simulator. Be sure to backup your custom settings and add-ons before proceeding with this step.

In the event that none of these suggestions resolve the problem, I recommend reaching out to the official MSFS2020 support team via the Zendesk portal. They're quite responsive and should be able to provide further assistance.

I hope this information is helpful to you and anyone else who may experience a similar issue. Good luck and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...