Problems with ATC Stopping

Pro Member Trainee
10Boom Trainee

I get halfway into a flight and ATC just stops. I have delegated communication to the co-pilot and all you hear is him responding. Is anyone else having this problem?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow simmer,

I've experienced a similar issue with ATC communication and I understand how frustrating it can be when ATC abruptly stops in the middle of a flight. It appears to be a common issue among some Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 users. Allow me to provide you with a few suggestions that might help resolve this problem.

1. Check ATC options: First, ensure that the ATC options in MSFS 2020 are correctly set. Go to Options > General > Sound, and ensure that the ATC Voices slider is not set to zero. Additionally, make sure the ATC options under Options > Assistance > User Experience are correctly configured, especially the Automated Communications setting.
  2. Reset ATC window: Occasionally, the ATC window may need to be reset. To do this, click on the ATC icon on the toolbar to close and reopen the window. This may help restore communication with ATC.
  3. Update MSFS 2020: Ensure that you are running the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, as there have been numerous updates addressing various issues, including ATC functionality. You can check for updates in the Microsoft Store or Steam, depending on where you purchased the simulator.
  4. Check third-party add-ons: If you are using any third-party add-ons or mods, they might be conflicting with the ATC system. Try disabling them temporarily to see if the issue persists. If the problem is resolved after disabling the add-ons, you might want to look for alternative add-ons or contact the developer for support.
  5. Reinstall audio drivers: In some cases, audio driver issues can cause problems with ATC communication. Make sure that your audio drivers are up-to-date and try reinstalling them if necessary.
  6. Community Support: If none of these suggestions work, I recommend reaching out to the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 community. There are several forums and social media groups where users share their experiences and solutions. The official MSFS 2020 forum can be found at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/.

I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the issue with ATC stopping midway through your flights. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. We're all here to help and share our passion for flight simulation. Happy flying!

Adam Bentley Guest

MS/Asobo is doing nothing to fix this issue which is getting worse. I lose ATC on EVERY flight now. I have a stable 1.5gb connection. Please see this topic and vote. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-hear-atc-instructions-and-other-aircraft-suddenly-while-ai-copilot-still-responds/418969

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...