Preferred VR headsets for Prepar3D V4 and FSX

Pro Member Trainee
Alan Chesters (Merlot09) Trainee

Hi

I am using the Prepar3D v4 flight sim. I am looking at getting a VR headset, I have been looking at the Oculus Quest 2.
Any thoughts on this headset? I would be interested in any feedback on other headsets being used.
Hope VR Headset is the right terminology.

Alan

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
qaywert Trainee

I think HP REVERB is best. Highest resolution. Get the last version. I am happy with it. Used Oculus and Samsung before.

Pro Member Trainee
Alan Chesters (Merlot09) Trainee

Hi

Thank your for that. I have been looking at the Reverb G2. Would it suit Fltsim x as well

Alan

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Alan,

It's great to see that you're exploring the world of virtual reality (VR) to enhance your flight simulation experience with Prepar3D v4 and FSX. Choosing the right VR headset can be a game-changer for immersion, and I'm happy to provide some insights to help you make an informed decision.

Oculus Quest 2 is indeed a popular choice among flight sim enthusiasts, primarily due to its standalone capabilities, high-resolution display, and affordability. However, it's essential to note that Prepar3D v4 and FSX don't natively support the Quest 2. To use it with your flight sim, you'll need to rely on third-party software like Virtual Desktop or Oculus Link, which will tether the headset to your PC via a USB-C cable.

Here are some other VR headsets worth considering for your flight sim experience:

1. Oculus Rift S: This PC-tethered headset has a lower resolution compared to the Quest 2, but its native compatibility with Prepar3D and FSX can offer a smoother experience. The Rift S has a solid reputation for comfort and ease of use.
  2. HTC Vive Pro: A high-end headset with excellent image quality and a comfortable fit. The Vive Pro boasts an impressive resolution and is compatible with both Prepar3D and FSX, offering a premium experience if budget permits.
  3. Valve Index: Known for its top-notch image quality, wide field of view, and precise tracking, the Valve Index is another high-end option for flight sim enthusiasts. It's compatible with Prepar3D and FSX and delivers a superior experience, albeit at a higher price point.

When choosing a VR headset, consider the following factors:

• Compatibility: Make sure the headset is compatible with your flight sim software or can be used with third-party tools.
  • Resolution: Higher resolution headsets provide crisper and more detailed visuals.
  • Field of view (FOV): A wider FOV increases immersion and provides a more realistic experience.
  • Comfort: Since you might spend extended periods using the headset, ensure it's comfortable and adjustable to your needs.
  • Budget: Determine your budget and choose a headset that provides the best balance of features and affordability.

Ultimately, your choice of VR headset will depend on your personal preferences, budget, and the level of immersion you seek. It's always a good idea to try out different headsets if possible, as comfort and visual quality can vary among users.

I hope this information helps you find the perfect VR headset for your Prepar3D v4 and FSX adventures. Enjoy your virtual flights!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...