Installing MSFS/fs2020

Pro Member Trainee
oaktony Trainee

I have bought and tried to install the program but it does not install. It takes over 18 hours to download from the internet and then after it downloads 130g of data it shows that it has to update and then after ten hours it is still updating and the green bar across the bottom of the screen stops in the middle from left to right. I left the screen on for a whole day and it did not move the music continued to play but it did not move nor would it allow me to close the screen.

I love and have been a fan from 1990 to now but I will not be one in the future with the problems I see now and they will not help at Microsoft just give you the runaround. Anyone who has got this to run please inform me how to load it.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there, fellow flight sim enthusiast! It's truly unfortunate to hear about your installation woes with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS). I understand how frustrating this situation can be, so I'll do my best to help you out with some troubleshooting steps.

1. Check your internet connection: The download process is heavily dependent on your internet speed. Ensure that you have a stable and fast connection, and if possible, use a wired connection (Ethernet) instead of Wi-Fi.
  2. Disable antivirus/firewall: Sometimes, security software can interfere with the download process. Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall during the installation to prevent any conflicts. Remember to re-enable them after the process is complete.
  3. Run as administrator: Make sure to run the installation program with administrator privileges. To do this, right-click on the installer and choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
  4. Clear the download cache: If the installation gets stuck, it's possible that some corrupted files are present in the download cache. Delete the folder named "Official" in your MSFS installation directory, then restart the installer.
  5. Change the installation path: Changing the installation directory might help. During the initial setup, choose a different folder on your computer or an external drive with ample space.

If none of these suggestions work, you can try reaching out to the official MSFS forum, where the community and support team might provide more assistance.

Despite your current difficulties, I hope you don't lose your passion for flight simming. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is an amazing piece of software, and I'm confident that once you overcome these initial hurdles, you'll enjoy countless hours soaring through the virtual skies. Good luck, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...