Texture issue with Paris Le Bourget LFPB scenery

Eric Marciano Guest

Hello,
I have a texture problem with the LFPB scenery downloaded here. Some parts of the scenery are fully colored with magenta, as if texture files were missing. I like this scenery very much and I would like to know if some of you had the same problem.
I won't complain, I know it is freeware but I couldn't find a way to contact the author JayFlySim. If you know his email address, please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Eric,

I understand your concern with the texture issue you're experiencing at Paris Le Bourget LFPB scenery in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It can be quite frustrating to see magenta-colored areas, as it breaks the immersion. I'm glad to help you troubleshoot this issue and point you in the right direction.

It seems like the magenta color indicates missing texture files. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. First, ensure that you've installed the scenery correctly. Double-check the installation instructions provided with the downloaded package, and make sure all the necessary files are in the proper folders within your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 installation.
  2. Next, try clearing the rolling cache in the simulator. You can do this by going to the Options > General > Data tab and clicking on the "Delete Rolling Cache File" button. This step will force the sim to reload the scenery textures, possibly resolving the issue.
  3. If the problem persists, you might want to redownload the LFPB scenery package, as the original download could have been incomplete or corrupted. Uninstall the current scenery package and replace it with the newly downloaded one.

Regarding contacting the author, JayFlySim, I'm afraid I don't have their direct email address. However, you can try reaching out to them through the forum or comment section of the download page where you got the scenery. They may have provided contact information in the documentation or the file description.

In the meantime, I hope the steps I provided above will help you resolve the texture issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Good luck, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...