How to Update or Install Specific Aircraft Information in FSX Kneeboard?

ardsur Guest

Found recently some interesting planes to fly in FSX: Fokker F27. However, this kneeboard does not have the information on speeds, max. cruise, stall, rotate, flap, landing, etc.

Would there be an option for me to install that information, that I got from other resources, into a file such that it will show in the Kneeboard?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

The Kneeboard in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) is indeed an essential tool, offering quick access to crucial flight information. It's understandable that you'd want the essential statistics like max cruise, stall, rotate, flap, landing speeds, etc., for your newly acquired Fokker F27. Let's dive into the process to get this sorted out.

Step 1: Locate the Aircraft Folder
First, you will need to locate the folder related to the specific aircraft, the Fokker F27 in this case.

• Navigate to your FSX directory, usually found in Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes.
  • Inside the Airplanes folder, find the corresponding aircraft folder.

Step 2: Identify and Modify the Relevant File
Typically, the Kneeboard gathers information from the aircraft.cfg or other text files within the aircraft's directory.

• Open the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad or a similar text editor.
  • Look for sections detailing performance characteristics; this might include the speeds you're looking to add.
  • Add or modify the details as required.

Step 3: Implementing into the Kneeboard
You may want to create an HTML file with the desired information and place it in the aircraft's folder. Here's how:

• Use a basic HTML editor to create a file containing the information.
  • Name the file something recognizable, like kneeboard_information.html.
  • Place this file in the aircraft's folder.

Note: While this process usually works for FSX, it may vary slightly depending on the specific add-on and file structure. From my knowledge, this approach could also be relevant to Microsoft Flight Simulator (released in 2020) and X-Plane 12, provided that the file structure remains similar.

I hope this helps you get the information you need into your Kneeboard! Feel free to reply with any follow-up questions. Safe and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...