LOMAC won't start under Windows 10 and I can't find patches

your name Guest

Hi.  I found a copy of LOMAC on CD. I don't even know what version it is. It seems to install without any problems from the CD, or at least the installation process finishes and there are no messages indicating any problems. But when I try to start it all I can get is the start menu. Nothing happens when I try to start the game.  Going on the assumption that it's 1.0 I am looking for patches to bring it up to 1.02 to see if that's any better. I was able to download and install the demo on this same system and it runs just fine--that is, in fact, why I sought out a copy on disc.  I have wiped it and reinstalled several times, always with the same result. I have tried "compatibility mode" with every possible combination and permutation of settings with no change. I have found patch files here and there for the game on file download sites but every single one from every source is infected with the Farfli trojan, according to my antivirus software. This includes the archived versions from Archive.org dated 2014 that are supposedly direct from Ubi's old FTP site.

OS:  Windows 10 N/Ameliorated, 64 bit. Used to have a legal, registered, activated installation of Vista on it, then upgraded to 7 several years back. Tried to upgrade to 10 last year but it bluescreened and died during the upgrade process and I had to wipe everything and start over. Couldn't get 10 to activate, so I had to use Ameliorated.  i7-2600, 16GB DDR3, RX590/8GB, last available Adrenalin drivers from AMD.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

It's great to see that you've found a copy of LOMAC and are eager to run it on your Windows 10 system. Lock On: Modern Air Combat, being an older game, might have compatibility issues with newer operating systems like Windows 10. However, I have a few suggestions that might help you get the game running smoothly.

1. First, let's make sure you're running the game as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the LOMAC executable (usually lockon.exe) and select Properties. In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
  2. Next, let's try disabling fullscreen optimizations. In the same Compatibility tab where you enabled administrator privileges, check the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations. This option might help improve compatibility with older games on Windows 10.
  3. Since you mentioned that you couldn't find clean patch files, I recommend visiting the official Eagle Dynamics website (the developers behind LOMAC) for any available updates or patches. You can find their downloads section at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/. Look for the LOMAC patches and follow the instructions provided for installation.
  4. Additionally, ensure that your system's display resolution is supported by the game. Some older games might not support widescreen or high-resolution displays, so you might need to temporarily lower your screen resolution before launching LOMAC.
  5. Lastly, make sure your system has the necessary legacy DirectX libraries, as LOMAC might require older DirectX components to function correctly. You can download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft's website at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35. This installer will help update your system with any missing DirectX components required by older games.

I hope these suggestions help you get LOMAC up and running on your Windows 10 system. If you continue to experience issues, please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance.

Happy flying!

papotex Guest

I like to try it in windows 11 but im afraid im gonna brake something

The R-Man Guest

Keep searching for the LOMAC patch.
There's a bunch that don't work, but you'll find one.
Yes!

The R-Man Guest

By not working, I mean the links don't work.

Does anyone have a LOMAC profile for the X65F?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...