HD Mesh Scenery on a Different Drive?

Pro Member Trainee
Kenr60 Trainee

How can i get HD Mesh Scenery V 4 to download to my D drive where xplane is installed instead of the C Drive?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

It's great to see that you're using X-Plane and looking to incorporate the HD Mesh Scenery V4 add-on. I completely understand your need to save the scenery on a different drive, and I'm here to help you accomplish that without using symbolic links.

To install the HD Mesh Scenery V4 on your D drive, follow these steps:

1. First, download the HD Mesh Scenery V4 files.
  2. Next, create a new folder on your D drive where you'd like to store the HD Mesh Scenery V4 files. Name it something like HD_Mesh_Scenery_v4 for easy identification.
  3. Extract the downloaded files into the newly created folder on your D drive. Ensure that you preserve the folder structure within the ZIP files.
  4. Now, open your X-Plane installation folder on the D drive (where your X-Plane is installed).
  5. In the X-Plane installation folder, locate and open the Custom Scenery folder.
  6. Create a new text document in the Custom Scenery folder and name it scenery_packs.ini if it doesn't already exist.
  7. Open the scenery_packs.ini file with a text editor (like Notepad) and add the following line to the file:
    SCENERY_PACK D:\HD_Mesh_Scenery_v4
    Make sure to replace the "D" in the path with the appropriate letter for your D drive.

8. Save and close the scenery_packs.ini file.

By following these steps, you're creating a direct reference to the HD Mesh Scenery V4 folder on your D drive within X-Plane's scenery configuration. This way, X-Plane will load the HD Mesh Scenery V4 from the D drive without the need for symbolic links.

After completing the process, start X-Plane and ensure that the HD Mesh Scenery V4 is loading correctly. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...