Spain Complete UHD Photoreal Scenery in X-Plane 12

Pro Member Trainee
JRGV Trainee

I downloaded and installed X-Plane Spain Complete UHD Photoreal Scenery in X-Plane 12, but under-running over cities photo is unreal, especially when looking at the sea.
For example, flying over Bilbao important monuments do not appear, such as the Guggenheim Museum, Puente Colgante, Football Stadium, etc.

1. Is the package compatible with X12?
2. I think the order in my scenery.ini is correct. References to these meshes are at the end as z_SpainUHD... (Is this correct?
3. Any other ideas?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

To address your concerns:

Yes, the Spain Complete UHD Photoreal Scenery package is compatible with X-Plane 12. However, you might experience some issues with the default objects, buildings, and landmarks, as you've mentioned.

The order in your scenery.ini file plays a crucial role in displaying the content correctly. To ensure that the orthophoto scenery and default objects, buildings, and landmarks are visible, you need to arrange the order accordingly. The Ortho overlays should be placed higher in the scenery.ini file compared to the actual orthophoto files.

Here's a recommended order to follow in your scenery.ini file:

1. Global Airports
  2. Your custom airports
  3. Ortho overlays (e.g. yOrtho4XP_Overlays)
  4. The actual orthophoto files (e.g. z_SpainUHD...)

Make sure the Ortho overlays are listed above the actual orthophoto files (z_SpainUHD...). This will ensure that the default objects and landmarks are visible on top of the photorealistic scenery.

If you're still experiencing issues after adjusting the order in your scenery.ini file, you might want to consider using a tool like xOrganizer to manage your scenery and plugins more effectively. xOrganizer helps you maintain the correct load order and makes it easy to enable or disable specific scenery packages or plugins.
Additionally, ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest updates for X-Plane 12, as they might contain fixes or improvements related to scenery compatibility.

I hope this helps! Enjoy flying over Spain with the new scenery package, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need further assistance.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...