Windows 10 FSX-SE. Scenery Library was removed by a program.

Michael Tift Guest

That program that allows you set different keys to different functions. I have no idea where it came from only that the out come was my Scenery Library was deleted like others, only the activate box was left selected. That's the history, now the question, " Is tere a way to load mutliple add-ons rather that one by one". Thanks  

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with your FSX-SE Scenery Library. It can be quite frustrating to see all your add-ons removed like that. To help address your question about loading multiple add-ons, I've outlined a method that may help expedite the process for you.

Method: Batch Add Scenery in FSX-SE

You can use a simple batch file to add multiple scenery entries to your scenery.cfg file located in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX. Follow these steps to create a batch file and streamline the process:

1. Create a new folder for your add-on sceneries if you haven't already. Place all your add-on scenery folders inside this new folder. For example: C:\FSX-Addons
  2. Open Notepad or any text editor and paste the following code:

@echo off
    setlocal
    set cfgfile=%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
    set addonpath=C:\FSX-Addons
    for /d %%d in ("%addonpath%*") do (
    echo [Area.%%~nxd]>>"%cfgfile%"
    echo Title=%%~nxd>>"%cfgfile%"
    echo Local=Addon Scenery%%~nxd>>"%cfgfile%"
    echo Layer=%%~nxd>>"%cfgfile%"
    echo Active=TRUE>>"%cfgfile%"
    echo Required=FALSE>>"%cfgfile%"
    )

Replace C:\FSX-Addons with the path to your add-on scenery folder.

3. Save the file as AddScenery.bat (make sure to change the "Save as type" to "All Files (.*)").
  4. Run the AddScenery.bat file by double-clicking it.

This script will add all your add-on sceneries to the scenery.cfg file in one go. Please make sure to back up your original scenery.cfg file before running the script, in case you need to restore it.

Please note that the new sceneries added will be placed at the bottom of the Scenery Library, and you may need to adjust their priority manually within FSX-SE. You can do this by navigating to Settings > Scenery Library > Edit Area > Move Area Up or Move Area Down.

I hope this method helps you quickly load multiple add-ons into your FSX-SE Scenery Library. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...