NO LOG BOOK ENTRIES

David Groves Guest

I have installed FSX Steam,  however, because my D drive is dedicated to my CD, Which is used for running FS2020 Steam was installed in E drive,  and there is no logbook, any suggestions, please? 

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

I understand that you're having trouble with your logbook in FSX Steam, and I'd be happy to help you find a solution. It appears that the logbook file is missing, possibly due to the non-default installation location. Let's try locating and creating the necessary files.

First, you'll want to find the logbook file, which is named Logbook.BIN. It is usually stored in the following location:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

However, since your installation is on the E drive, it's likely located in a different folder. Try searching for the file on the E drive using the File Explorer search function.

If you can't find the logbook file, you can create a new one by following these steps:

1. Open FSX Steam and start a flight.
  2. Press ALT to access the menu bar, then click on Pilots Records under the Pilots menu.
  3. Click on Create Logbook and enter your desired name for the logbook.
  4. Save the new logbook and exit the simulator.

Now you should have a new logbook file created in the proper location. If you want to be extra sure, search for Logbook.BIN again on your E drive to confirm that it has been created.

In the future, make sure you run FSX Steam as an administrator to avoid potential issues with file access and permissions. You can do this by right-clicking on the FSX Steam executable or shortcut and selecting Run as administrator.

I hope this helps you get your logbook up and running. If you have any more questions or issues, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...