Using the autosave in fs2004

I have downloaded the "autosave.dll" ,but I do not understand how can I restore the crashed fs9 session. Can someone help me ? The autosave I put it in fs9 modules, but after ? what happen ?
Thanks at all
Andrea

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Andrea,

It's great to see you're using Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (FS2004) and exploring its features. I'll be happy to assist you in utilizing the Autosave functionality with the "autosave.dll" you've downloaded. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to restore a crashed FS2004 session:

Step 1: Make sure you've installed the "autosave.dll" correctly. You mentioned that you've already placed it in the FS2004 "Modules" folder, which is correct. Good job!

Step 2: Launch FS2004 and go to the top menu bar. Click on "Modules" and you should see the "Autosave" option. If it's not there, double-check that the "autosave.dll" file is indeed in the "Modules" folder.

Step 3: Click on the "Autosave" option in the "Modules" menu. This will open a window where you can configure the Autosave settings, such as the save interval (in minutes) and whether to save the panel state or not. Configure the settings as you prefer and click "OK" to save your preferences.

Step 4: Now that the Autosave feature is active, FS2004 will automatically save your flight at the specified intervals. The saved files will be stored in the FS2004 "Flights" folder with the prefix "AS_", followed by the date and time of the save.

Step 5: If your FS2004 session crashes and you want to restore your flight, relaunch FS2004 and go to the "Select a Flight" screen. Look for the Autosaved flights in the list. They will be named with the "AS_" prefix, as previously mentioned.

Step 6: Select the most recent Autosaved flight (or the one you want to restore) and click "Fly Now!". Your flight will be loaded at the state it was in when the Autosave occurred.

Here's a quick summary in a list format:

• Install "autosave.dll" in the FS2004 "Modules" folder
  • Launch FS2004 and configure Autosave settings
  • Autosaved flights are stored in the "Flights" folder with "AS_" prefix
  • To restore a crashed session, select the desired Autosaved flight from the "Select a Flight" screen and click "Fly Now!"

That's it! I hope this helps you get back into the virtual skies quickly after a crash. If you have any further questions or need clarification, feel free to ask.

Safe flights and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...