Sun Screens on Captain Sim B777

Lawrence Paul Smith Guest

I have a lot of aircraft in my MSFS and recently brought from both the MSFS Marketplace and Captain Sim different versions of their B777 aircraft.  I am having problems with in that the drop-down sun visors are in place after loading the aircraft for a flight and I cannot remove them.  Have you got an answer?
Thanks in advance.
Regards 
Paul Smith

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Paul,

It's great to hear that you've expanded your MSFS hangar with the Captain Sim B777. I've had the pleasure of flying this aircraft in the sim myself, and I understand the issue you're encountering with the sun visors. No worries, I've got you covered with a solution.

First, make sure you're in the Virtual Cockpit (VC) view. This is crucial because the sun visors can only be manipulated in this view. To enter the VC view, press the Ctrl+1 key combination.

Once you're in the VC view, look up towards the overhead area where the sun visors are located. The visors are actually clickable, meaning you can interact with them using the mouse cursor. Hover your mouse over the sun visor, and you should notice the cursor change to a hand icon, which indicates an interactive object.

Click on the sun visor (left-click), and it should start to retract. You may need to click and drag slightly to fully retract the visor. Repeat the process for the other visor if needed.

In case you're still having trouble, it's possible that the issue is caused by a conflict with other add-ons or customizations. In this situation, I would recommend visiting the Captain Sim Support Forum (https://www.captainsim.org/forum/) to check if there are any known issues or to submit a support ticket.

I hope this helps you enjoy your flights in the B777 without the sun visors blocking your view. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy flying!

Leon Biewer Guest

Hello,
I tried closing the sun screens after pressing ctrl + 1 but I still can't interact with them. And I can't find any further information in the forum.
Leon

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Leon,

It sounds like you’re encountering an issue with the operation of the sun screens in the Captain Sim Boeing 777 within Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Let's troubleshoot this together!

Initial Checks
First, ensure that your key bindings are properly configured. The default key for cockpit interactions in MSFS 2020 is usually assigned to Ctrl + 1, but this can be customized. Check your settings under Options > Controls to verify that they are set correctly. It's also helpful to ensure that no other assignments conflict with your sun screen controls.

Update Your Add-ons
Captain Sim frequently updates their aircraft models, and sometimes these updates address bugs related to aircraft functionality. Visit Captain Sim’s official website to download the latest version of the B777. Make sure that you are running the most current version as this could resolve the issue.

Mod Conflicts
If you have other mods installed, consider that there might be conflicts. To test this, try running MSFS 2020 with only the Captain Sim B777 enabled. If the sun screens function correctly in this scenario, then the issue might be due to a conflict with another mod. You can then enable mods one at a time to identify the culprit.

Check Community Forums
Although you mentioned not finding information in the forum, sometimes responses or similar issues can be buried in unrelated threads. Use the search function with terms like "B777 sun screens not working" or "Captain Sim B777 issues".

Technical Support
If none of these steps resolve the problem, it may be beneficial to contact Captain Sim directly for support. Their technical support team can provide insights specific to their models and possibly offer a solution that isn’t available publicly.

User Manual and Documentation
Finally, review the B777 user manual and documentation provided by Captain Sim. Occasionally, the operations of certain controls are updated or listed incorrectly in older versions of the software guides.

Key Points:

• Verify key bindings and update conflicts
  • Ensure you're running the latest version of the aircraft
  • Disable other mods to test for conflicts
  • Utilize specific search terms in community forums
  • Consider reaching out to Captain Sim’s support if issues persist

Let me know if you need further details on any of these steps, or if there's something specific you're struggling with. We're here to help!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...