PayPal/Captain Sim dispute

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Be aware that a dispute has developed between Paypal and Captain Sim which includes recent transactions for The legendary Herc -C130 - visit Captain Sim for details. Captain Sim are contacting their customers directly by e-mail but new purchasers beware.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

verygom wrote:

Be aware that a dispute has developed between Paypal and Captain Sim which includes recent transactions for The legendary Herc -C130 - visit Captain Sim for details. Captain Sim are contacting their customers directly by e-mail but new purchasers beware.

I can't find the information you're referring to. Do you have to sign up to access it?
In the "Purchase" section I was hoping to find info on alternative payment methods - no luck.

I'd sure like to know more about it. A few weeks ago another member here sounded a warning regarding PayPal - and now this...

Paranoia is knocking on the door again 😀

Thanks,
Rick

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

You can order the C-130 w/o using paypal. Thats what I did. I don't use paypal and it works fine for me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

You can order the C-130 w/o using paypal. Thats what I did. I don't use paypal and it works fine for me.

That's comforting to know, thanks Jared - now why didn't you pay for my download as well while you were at it?? 🙂

Anyway, I'd still like to read about this PayPal dispute. Always a good idea to stay ahead of possible trouble in the future 😳

Thanks,
Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Answering my own question - I just found this in case anyone else is interested ➡

http://www.fsstation.com/content/view/164/2/

Greetings,
Rick

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

can captainsim sue them for that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

atreyu wrote:

can captainsim sue them for that?

I AM a genius... ROFL but I ain't a DA 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

They can sue. The question is, can they prevail. I'm reviewing the paypal contract and am trying to discern where their action is permitted.

I also sent paypal an email stating that because the have shown themselves to NOT be a reliable funds transfer agent, I am ceasing to use them.

Of course, they didn't accept the email Mad

"Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Service.

In an effort to assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible, please direct all customer service inquires through our website. Click on the hyperlink below to go to the PayPal website. After entering your email address and password into the Member Log In box, you can submit your inquiry via our Customer Service Contact form. If you indicate the type of question you have with as much detail as you can, we will be able to provide you with the best customer service possible.

If your email program is unable to open hyperlinks, please copy and paste this URL into the address bar of your browser.

https://www.paypal.com/wf/f=default

If you are contacting PayPal because you are unable to log into your account, please use the contact form below.

https://www.paypal.com/ewf/f=default

Thank you for choosing PayPal!

This email is sent to you by the contracting entity to your User Agreement, either PayPal Inc or PayPal (Europe) Limited. PayPal(Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the UK as an electronic money institution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: When you click on links in this email, you will be asked to log into your PayPal Account. As always, make sure that you are logging into a secure PayPal page by looking for 'https://www.paypal.com/' at the beginning of the URL.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address will not be answered.

Original Email:
Gentlemen:

I happened to notice the news story below. Since it appears PayPal is not a reliable payment transfer source, please be advised I will not use paypal until its reliability can be assured. I hope the vendor in question decides to litigate this matter.

"Captain Sim, as a qualified PayPal World Seller, relied on their payment system since 2001. With the release of the 'Legendary C-130', there was a major increase in earnings, which seems to have raised a flag for PayPal.
As
a result, Captain Sim's account was frozen for 180 days, and they were given two options: 1. Wait until the investigation process is completed or 2.
Refund all costumers and ask for a re-purchase.

Since a big part of the 'Legendary C-130' sales were made though PayPal and PayPal has no plan to pay them in 6 months, Captain Sim has gone with the "full refund and re-purchase" option. Every costumer who have paid them via PayPal from noon GMT of the 12 Oct '05 to the noon GMT of the 22 Oct '05 should receive an e-mail with further instructions on how to re-purchase (using a more reliable system).""

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Wish I had read this before using PayPal:- Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

verygom wrote:

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Wish I had read this before using PayPal:- Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What a horror story!! Did you read this ➡

Since a big part of the 'Legendary C-130' sales were made though PayPal and PayPal has no plan to pay them in 6 months, Captain Sim has gone with the "full refund and re-purchase" option. Every costumer who have paid them via PayPal from noon GMT of the 12 Oct '05 to the noon GMT of the 22 Oct '05 should receive an e-mail with further instructions on how to re-purchase (using a more reliable system).

Are you elligible for that "full refund and re-purchase" option?

Good luck to you,
Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...