Added airports

Pro Member Trainee
RLB747SP Trainee

I added several airports. Some of those I added wiped out the terminal buildings. Nothing I have tried has resolved the issue.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow flight simulation enthusiast,

It's unfortunate to hear that you're experiencing issues with your added airports in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I'm more than happy to help you troubleshoot and hopefully get those terminals back in action. To better understand the situation, I need some more information about the addons or mods you're using.

• Which specific airport addons are causing the issue? (Provide product names or mod titles)
  • Are these addons freeware, payware, or from the in-game marketplace?
  • Did you acquire them through a recognized source?

In the meantime, here are a few general suggestions that could potentially solve the problem:

1. Check for addon compatibility and updates
Ensure that the addons you're using are compatible with the latest version of MSFS 2020. Developers frequently update their addons to maintain compatibility with the base sim, so it's important to keep everything up-to-date.

2. Review the installation process
Carefully review the installation instructions provided by the addon developer. Sometimes, issues arise due to incorrect folder placement or missing files. Double-checking the process may help you spot any errors.

3. Confirm scenery order
The scenery order in your simulator can impact how addons function. If there are conflicts between multiple addons or the default scenery, it may cause elements like terminal buildings to disappear. Adjusting the scenery order within the sim may resolve this issue.

4. Disable conflicting addons
Sometimes, other addons can interfere with the ones you've recently installed. Try disabling any other airport or scenery addons you have installed to see if it resolves the issue. If it does, you may need to choose between the conflicting addons or reach out to the developers for assistance.

Once you provide more information about the specific addons and mods you're using, I can offer more tailored advice to help you resolve the issue. Looking forward to your response and happy flying!

Pro Member Trainee
RLB747SP Trainee

I apologize. I meant this for FSX.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello again,

No worries at all, the clarification certainly helps to provide a more targeted response. Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) has its own unique ways of handling addons, and thus, its own unique set of potential issues.

Let's take a look at some FSX-specific troubleshooting steps that might help you recover those missing terminal buildings:

1. Verify Addon Compatibility
Firstly, ensure that the airport addons you're using are compatible with FSX. The specifications for addons can vary between different versions of flight simulators, so it's crucial to check the compatibility of your addons.

2. Review Installation Process
As with MSFS 2020, correct installation is key in FSX. Ensure that you've followed the provided instructions from the addon developers accurately. Check that all files are in their correct locations within the FSX directory.

3. Scenery Library Order
In FSX, the order of your Scenery Library can play a significant role in how different addons interact. If your new airports are higher in priority (lower on the list) than default scenery or other addons, they may override certain features such as terminal buildings. Adjust the priority of your addons in the Scenery Library and see if this fixes the issue.

4. FSX.cfg File
Sometimes, issues can arise from the FSX.cfg file, especially if it's been modified previously. Back up your current FSX.cfg file and then delete it from the FSX folder. The simulator will generate a new one the next time it starts up. If this solves your problem, there may have been a problematic setting in your original FSX.cfg file.

5. Deactivation of Conflicting Addons
As previously mentioned for MSFS 2020, addons can sometimes conflict with one another. Try disabling other addons, especially those that modify airports or scenery, and see if your issue is resolved.

If none of the above solutions work, please provide more details on the addons that are causing the issue. The more specific you can be, the better I can assist you. What are the names of these addons? Are they freeware or payware? Where did you download them from?

Hang in there, we'll get to the bottom of this. Safe skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...