I use 3, 32 inch 1440P monitors: running in Ultra?

John Banks Guest

I'm hoping to determine what I need to run FS2020 stutter-free with at least a constant fps of 30 at any scenery location using ULTRA settings.  Has anyone determined what hardware setup is required to run FS2020 in ULTRA?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

It's great to see you're interested in running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (FS2020) in Ultra settings across three 32-inch 1440p monitors. In order to achieve a smooth experience with a minimum of 30 fps in all scenery locations, you'll need a powerful hardware setup. Based on my experience and the information available, here's a recommended configuration for your reference:

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (These processors offer high single-core performance and multiple cores, which is beneficial for FS2020)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (These GPUs are capable of handling the demanding graphics requirements of FS2020 in Ultra settings)
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4 (This will provide sufficient memory for the simulator to run smoothly)
  • Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD (An SSD will help reduce load times and improve overall performance)

Please note that the performance of FS2020 can vary depending on multiple factors such as the complexity of the scenery, weather conditions, and AI traffic. Therefore, achieving a constant 30 fps in all situations can be challenging. Additionally, you might want to consider overclocking your GPU and CPU to squeeze out some extra performance, but be cautious about the associated risks such as overheating and potential hardware damage.

Lastly, don't forget to fine-tune your in-game settings and NVIDIA/AMD control panel settings to achieve the best balance between visual quality and performance.

I hope this helps you to achieve the desired performance in FS2020 using Ultra settings. Enjoy your flights and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...