Scenery add ons do not load

Simon4188 Guest

I have downloaded a number of add-ons from this portal and 'installed' them into my community folder as instructed. None of the scenery loads at all. I use the steam version of MS if that matters.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow simmer,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your scenery add-ons in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I'll try my best to help you troubleshoot the problem. Since you're using the Steam version, there are a few common issues that might be causing the scenery add-ons to not load properly.

First, ensure that you have placed the downloaded add-ons in the correct Community folder. For the Steam version, the default path is:
C:\Users<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
Make sure to replace "<YourUsername>" with your actual Windows username. If you have set a custom installation path, you'll need to locate the Community folder there.

Secondly, check if the add-ons you downloaded are compatible with the current version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Incompatible add-ons may not load or could cause issues. Most add-on creators update their content to maintain compatibility with new updates, so you might want to look for updates to the add-ons you're using.

You may also want to verify the integrity of your game files through Steam. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open your Steam library
  2. Right-click on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
  3. Select Properties
  4. Go to the Local Files tab
  5. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files

This process might take some time, but it will ensure that your game files are intact and not corrupted. If any files are found to be missing or corrupted, Steam will automatically download and replace them.

If the issue persists, try the following steps:

1. Remove all add-ons from the Community folder temporarily
  2. Launch the simulator and verify if the default scenery loads correctly
  3. If the default scenery loads, start adding your add-ons back one by one and launch the simulator each time to identify any possible conflicts or problematic add-ons

Lastly, you may want to check your in-game settings. Navigate to the Options > General > Data menu and ensure that the Bing Data World Graphics and Photogrammetry options are enabled. These settings are essential for loading the scenery in the simulator.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your scenery add-ons. If you still face problems, please don't hesitate to post further details, and I'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...